M.J. Quintana

Hello and welcome to my blog for my New Testament History and Literature class. This semester my class is reading the NT and I will be blogging about my thoughts about my readings. Feel free to comment on my posts if you would like. :)


M.J. Quintana
NT History and Lit
Brodin

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Matthew - Chapter 10 through 12

Matthew 10
Jesus is telling his disciples to go out on behalf of Him and heal the people and spread the word of God. He tells them that they will be hated and scorned and even arrested. But when that time comes to just be overwhelmed by the father and He will give you the proper thing(s) to say. He says don’t be afraid, just go and do it for the glory of the Lord. I think that these disciples are awesome! They are probably confused as heck but they are listening to what Jesus has to say. We, as Christians, need to listen too. Just take a break and listen to what the Lord is telling us.

Matthew 11
It was at the end of Matthew starting at v. 25 when Jesus begins praising the Father in prayer, rejoicing and so peaceful that this chapter really touches me. He then declares no one knows the father except the son and no one knows the son except the father. He then says just to come who are burdened, week, troubled, etc. and He will help you overcome that obstacle. That is just so amazing! If you are reading this, how does that make you feel? I know that it is so awesome to see that our Jesus rejoices to His father and He tells us that he takes our burdens. I love our Lord!

Matthew 12

I love this chapter. The Pharisees just drive me insane. They are like 5 year olds nit-picking at every last thing. I just love how Jesus always has the right thing to say to them though. However, in his saying to them the Pharisees don’t like the rejection and the belittlement so they plot to kill Jesus. They say that Jesus is demon possessed and He is casting out the demons but Jesus turns that around and says basically that would be like Satan casting out demons. This would be creating no kingdom for Satan. I just adore how Jesus always has the right thing to say and the Pharisees just need to shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment